This is what I wore for my 20th birthday…I am finally out of my teens and it is so freaking crazy to think about. As a celebration, I reflected on some things I thought of as a kid growing up and how it has changed now that I’m a lot older.
Read on to see if you agree with me too!
Personal Reflection: Things that have occurred to me now that I’m older and somewhat wiser:
- Realizing that grade nine was six years ago…SIX YEARS AGO…
- Realizing that no I will not be married, have a stable job, have travelled the world, and will be starting a family at 25 (what was my little self thinking?)
- Realizing that I actually cannot sit in one place for more than an hour- so can I really work a 9-5 office job?
- Realizing that I hate feeling like a bother/ burden/ nuisance
- Realizing that even though 20 may seem old, there is still so much that is going to change… especially IN your 20s
- That the “treat people how they treat you” doesn’t go far, you should put in the extra effort (even to the meanies)
- That college is the only time that you can wake up and choose not to do anything and it would be fine. E.g. not go to work or class and that would totally be okay
- That there is not enough god damn time in the day, and choosing how to use it is sometimes very hard
- That I’m still not legal in the states (haha)
- That I seriously cannot function during the day without a good seven to eight hours of sleep
- Despite the frustration/stress/tears, realizing that I am in a good place with good people
- 100% grateful for everyone who’s been a part of my life and still is
Wearing C/MEO Collective